Determinants of earth circle site location in the Moreton Region, southeast Queensland
Several studies, both anthropological and archaeological, have drawn attention to the broader social, economic, and political implications of Aboriginal ceremonial activities, as well as highlighted the role of ceremonial involvement as a mechanism of change in Aboriginal Australia (e.g., Altman 1983, 1987; Barker 1976; Bern 1979; Hamilton 1980; Lourandos 1980, 1983, 1985; Myers 1980a, 1980b; Satterthwait 1987; Thomson 1949). The difficulty from an archaeological perspective is to locate demonstrable evidence of these activities.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors are responsible for ensuring that any material that has influenced the research or writing has been properly cited and credited both in the text and in the list of references. Contributors are responsible for gaining copyright clearance on figures, photographs or lengthy quotes used in their manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
2. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
5. An article will not be published until the signed Author Agreement has been completed and returned to the Editors by the contributor.