Archaeology of the Gyranda region, Dawson River, central Queensland
This paper presents the results of survey and excavation in the upper Dawson area of the Central Queensland Sandstone Belt, a sandstone-dominated environment bounded by the townships of Banana in the east, Blackall in the west, Springsure in the north and Injune in the south, and which includes the Central Queensland Highlands (Walsh 1984:1). The work was undertaken as part of the environmental impact study for the Gyranda Weir commissioned by Cameron McNamara for the Queensland Water Resources Commission (Morwood 1985, 1986; Godwin 1985). However, the results of the study, and the potential of the area for future research, have a wider interest.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors are responsible for ensuring that any material that has influenced the research or writing has been properly cited and credited both in the text and in the list of references. Contributors are responsible for gaining copyright clearance on figures, photographs or lengthy quotes used in their manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
2. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
5. An article will not be published until the signed Author Agreement has been completed and returned to the Editors by the contributor.