A site catchment analysis: Walkunder Arch Cave, near Chillagoe, North Queensland
Walkunder Arch Cave, is a rich archaeological site with evidence of repeated human occupation during the Late Pleistocene and Holocene. It is located at the central base of Cape York Peninsula, North Queensland (144Âº 31'E and 17Âº 13'S) some 10km south of the township of Chillagoe. The site lies at the southern end of a belt of fossiliferous limestone towers which extends about 100km northwards into the Palmerville district. Numerous art sites have been discovered in the Chillagoe-Palmerville area but the Walkunder Arch region is particularly rich in archaeological campsites.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors are responsible for ensuring that any material that has influenced the research or writing has been properly cited and credited both in the text and in the list of references. Contributors are responsible for gaining copyright clearance on figures, photographs or lengthy quotes used in their manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
2. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
5. An article will not be published until the signed Author Agreement has been completed and returned to the Editors by the contributor.