Foreward - Archaeology in Queensland
As Queensland and Western Australia receive the archaeological attention which they deserve, during this decade, it is likely that Australian prehistory will be rewritten drastically. Historic settlement populated southeastern Australia and made it the focus of European urbanised development, but there is no reason why the evidence for northern prehistory should not redress this geographic imbalance. Queensland's immensely long and ecologically rich coastline offers diverse possibilities for research, while the hints of a Pleistocene human presence across a range of interior habitats hold equal potential.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors are responsible for ensuring that any material that has influenced the research or writing has been properly cited and credited both in the text and in the list of references. Contributors are responsible for gaining copyright clearance on figures, photographs or lengthy quotes used in their manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
2. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
5. An article will not be published until the signed Author Agreement has been completed and returned to the Editors by the contributor.