A brief history of archaeological work in northwest Queensland
In recent years there has been a sharp increase in interest in the archaeology of Northwest Queensland. The area has hitherto been neglected by archaeologists due to both the prohibitive cost of fieldwork and the coastal orientation of archaeological questions in Australia. The following summary is presented to inform QAR readers of the work that has been undertaken in the area and that which is still in progress. The geographical area of concern here is the extensive arid and semi-arid landscape west of the Great Divide and north of the tropic of Capricorn. Much of this area is subject to the market seasons that typify the climate of tropical northern Australia.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors are responsible for ensuring that any material that has influenced the research or writing has been properly cited and credited both in the text and in the list of references. Contributors are responsible for gaining copyright clearance on figures, photographs or lengthy quotes used in their manuscript that have been published elsewhere.
2. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g. post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
4. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access).
5. An article will not be published until the signed Author Agreement has been completed and returned to the Editors by the contributor.